Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Food Drive

“Food Drive”, it is actually an activity suggested by my English lecturer to help the homeless person. I was shocked to find out that there are actually many homeless people living in this urban city. If he never discuss about this issue in class, I would never realize the presence of these homeless people.

People tend to assume something doesn’t exist when they never see that but this is totally incorrect. We can’t see them doesn’t mean they doesn’t present. I, myself can be a very good example. Currently, I am staying in two and the half storey student house in Bandar Utama, I have college van to fetch me to and fro from college every day, I have mountain high of stylish and colourful shirts to be chosen to put on every day, I have lots of choices of food to eat and most importantly, I have enough money to spend for my daily expenses, to be more specific, not the money I earned through my hard work, but money that I can easily obtained from my parents. For those homeless people, my life is like a paradise, yet, I still asking for more. I request for more beautiful clothes, I demand for mouth-watering food to taste every day for every meal and I keep claiming for more and more. I am always clear on what I am lack of but I never see what I have already possessed, including a healthy body and a peaceful life.

Lecturer pointing this issue out in class brings our attention towards the less fortunate people who live so close to us but we feel their presence. Unlike us, they are deprived of shelter, food and other basic necessities. They need our help and we can definitely lend them our helping hands by donating them some food stuff that can be stored for a long time such as biscuits. One packet of biscuits might seem very insignificant for us but to them, there is nothing else they desperately ask for except for any food which can keep their stomach from grumbling. They seriously need our help and we shouldn’t give false reasons to excuse ourselves from giving them assistance. If we have money to buy squander on all the luxuries, why can’t we afford to pay for a small packet of biscuits?

No comments:

Post a Comment